When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. — Marcus Aurelius
There are infinite opinions, variations, and tweaks, on what the best way to start your day is.
So if you’ve been thinking of starting one for yourself – I say don’t spend too long wondering what to pick.
Whichever method you pick, know that having an MPR is a super helpful way to starting and maintaining high levels of energy and laser focus throughout the day.
So what is an MPR?
Simply it stands for a morning power routine.
- An effective Morning Power Routine creates a familiar/routined start to your day, which reinforces the human craving for consistency and security. Putting your mind at ease. Making you feel in control of your life path.
- It applies the most effective for YOU elements, in the most suitable for YOU way, in a condensed time to prepare you mentally, physically and spiritually for the day ahead.
- These elements also train your brain to be able to focus on demand. And they give you clarity about what you want to achieve with all your hard work.
- You start each day with intent towards that big picture goal, rather than just hoping and wishing that your dreams will come true.
Without it, you are destined to fail. So then, how does one create and effective morning power routine?
1. Know your #1 goal or priority
2. Write it out every single morning
2. Take action on it every morning
An MPR in action
Meet Bob. Bob’s #1 goal is to lose some belly fat and put on some muscle. So the first thing Bob should be doing is going to the gym.
Now if Bob can’t get to the gym?
He can certainly wake up 15 minutes earlier and complete a short bodyweight workout. Then have extra time to pack a healthy lunch.
Remember 1% improvements every single day, lead to a 365% improvement over the course of just 1 year. Imagine over a lifetime.